At the beginning of this journey, I would find myself with these thoughts:
" How unfair! Didn't God know how much we wanted this child? It's just so unfair!"
And then I would remember:
"Yes, it is unfair. But it was also unfair that His only begotten Son died for me."
This past week, I was once again reminded of my hope in Christ Jesus .
I wanted the children to have a visual reminder of this hope and I came across this here.
It was a simple, but powerful visual.
I knew I wanted to assemble one to put in our living room to remind us
of what Christ did for us.
For me.
" A candle trio to represent Jesus on the cross next to two sinners. Naturally, the sinless Christ is the white candle, while He has two red candles on either side. A plain strand of twine adorns a simple grapevine wreath, which surrounds Jesus' white candle as a symbol of His crown of thorns" http://jeannewinters.blogspot.com/
Thank you for those who said they are praying for me. I am truly humbled by how God is using you in my life and my walk with Him. I am trying to manage my time better on the computer, but I hope to "visit" each of you this week.
Much love,



11 joyful people left comments:
Hi, Karen,
This is a great way to help the kids think about what Jesus did for us!
Hope you have a great day. :)
That is so beautiful. And a perfect reminder for us all at Easter! I'm sure this Easter will be a sweet reminder of our eternal life for you this year...and the hope we have in Him.
Karen, what a beautiful visual reminder of His light to us!
Karen,
I am so very sorry for you loss. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. Losing my mom has been the greatest sadness I have ever felt. But losing a child would be even greater. I am praying for you as God continues to heal your heart. I can tell that He is being glorified through all of this. Those candles are such a beautiful reminder of His ultimate sacrafice.
God bless you, friend.
Traci
Thank you for that Karen....so many times I think about how unfair it is for Jesse and I, not being able to have children right now, and wanting a baby so bad! It's not like it's a bad thing that we want you know? Thanks for the reminder that what Jesus did for His Father was also unfair.
you have the most creative and fun ideas! if my house wasn't still in boxes, i'd copy you! i'll have to file the idea for next year :)
praying for you !!
Wow - I absolutely love that candle display. I remember thinking so many of the same thoughts. However, I think that even if I knew the whole world's salvation depended on it, I still would not have given up my Madelyn willingly. Which is exactly why God is God and I am not. It's amazing to think of the decision He made, and that He made it willingly out of love for us. The fact that He knew that death wouldn't hold Him doesn't change the fact that Jesus suffered, and that had to be so painful to watch, as well as for Jesus to endure, just like even knowing our losses are temporary doesn't prevent our emotional pain now.
Thinking of you.
Wow I haven't checked your blog all week and i have missed out. Just last night Iwas telling my husband how mad i was that I didn't get to have Elias. Levi and Elias would have been 18 months apart and they would have been so close. He told me there is nothing we can do about that but we still need to love God.
I am really having a hard time with that right now. I sometimes feel like I am a terrible person because of this.
I would love to commit to praying for you during my quiet time. You have been such a blessing to me. praying for you I hopw will bless you.
God Bless, Susan
I love the idea of the candles. What a great reminder.
The candle idea is wonderful! I think I want to do that this week.
Lysa Terkeurst of Proverbs 31 Ministries wrote something that really struck a chord with me a couple weeks ago.
http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2010/03/when-god-hurts-your-feelings.html
She talks about asking the "Why" question. And if asking Why doesn't doesn't offer hope, then you have to ask the "What" question.
I am still praying for you, Karen.
Post a Comment