Although I am so ready for spring and today seems like a springy day...I am a little bit weepy today.
Next week will be five months. I don't know what I thought five months would look like, but I thought I would not be as weepy as I am by now.
And I am a little stronger...a lot of healing has gone on...but still...
::sigh::
A precious older woman in my grief group asked me last week how am I doing.
I told her that God is mending my shattered heart, but there are still holes...still fractures.
But maybe it is so the light of Him (in my heart)
can shine out through those holes...
in all directions.
I am learning that Time doesn't heal, but God does...
Anyway, I noticed the other day I hit 40 Followers.
How precious!
Sometimes I click on those little faces and icons and see what is going on in their (your) lives.
Always opportunity for prayer and most often I leave so encouraged!
So, because of those 40 and my feeling a little down, I thought I would host a small giveaway.
I love this CD.
One song, I Will Carry You (Audrey's song), was played at Rebekah's service.
I always have to stop the CD before that song, though. Just not ready to go there, yet=).
Anyway, those that follow Angie's blog knows the story behind the song.
So, to enter this giveaway just answer this question:
Do you do anything special for St. Patrick's Day?
We do, but I was looking for some more ideas.
I will draw a winner on Tuesday morning.
So, please make sure there is a way I can contact you.
Thank you for stopping by!
**Edited to add: You don't have to have an idea to enter. Just comment and I'll put you in the drawing=).



19 joyful people left comments:
A giveaway is such a generous thing for you to do, but we really don't do much but *maybe* some corned beef and cabbage, so I'm out!
I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry your heart is heavy today and will pray with extra persistence for some healing and comfort! Hugs!
Karen, I love the new blog look! Whimsical trees are a favorite thing of mine right now. :)
"I'm learning that Time doesn't heal, but God does..." I like that. So true. Take care of yourself today. I hope your step is a bit lighter tomorrow.
We really don't do anything for St. Patrick's Day! I guess I even try to AVOID wearing green that day...just because everyone else IS. :) However, I do believe in cutout sugar cookies with the appropriate color frosting for ANY holiday. Maybe I'll make some shamrocks to share at work that day.
I felt the same way when I hit the six month and one year mark. Especially one year.
What do we do special for St. Patrick's Day? Well, St. Patrick's Day is actually the anniversary of the miscarriage of Olivia Rose in 2007, so we light a candle in her memory.
I doubt that's what you were looking for, though. ;-)
So sweet of you to do a giveaway! Five months was hard for me. Harder than the six month mark that just passed although they are all hard in some way.
We don't do anything special for St. Patrick's Day. I love seeing all the shades of green that people wear though.
Karen,
Praying God's comfort on you! I lost my Faith about a year before you lost Rebekah. You are so right, time does not heal, but God does! I still feel like my heart will never be completely healed, but I know God is there and I trust Him! Just remember to not be too hard on yourself! God loves you and will bring you healing!
We do not do much for St Patrick's Day. Most of us usually wear green if we have it.I have to keep kids from pinching those who do not! Our last name is Irish, so my one son says we are supposed to wear orange?
Blessings to you,
Karen
I'm sorry you have a heavy heart today. I'm praying for you. I haven't lost a child but I did lose my dad and I have to agree with you that it is God that heals, not time.
My niece's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day so we usually celebrate her that day!
I hope tomorrow is better for you!
Blessings,
Lyn @ Southern Homeschool Journey
http://southernhomeschool.blogspot.com/
I love your comment, Time doesn't heal, but God does. I learned that too. I am so glad you are so real with your sorrow.
I do not do anything special for St. Patrick's day so am sorry I will not be much help. I hope others give you some great ideas. I will check back and maybe this year will do something.
We don't do too much, even though my husband is very irish. We usually do corned beef and cabbage, that's about it - we did have a St. Patty's day party a couple of years ago with friends, we all wore green and Jesse spray painted his hair green - it was awesome!
I love that song by Selah. We played it too as part of Carleigh's slideshow for her service. The song wasn't yet released but Angie emailed it to me to use. It was so kind of her!
I don't really do anything except wear some green.
Sorry to hear you are still feeling weepy. You really do have a lot of support, and I praying for God to give you strength.
Time heals nothing, but God does. I still miss my Jonathan every day. And you will miss your Rebekah until you see her again.
The song "Save a Place for Me" by Matthew West has really helped to start my heart begin the healing process after almost two years of being without him.
He would be two next month. I can see him (in my mind) playing with his brothers sometimes as they wrestle on the floor with their sister. It never goes away.
I will pray comfort and peace for you, dear sister.
I hit 5 months on the 23rd of this month. I really think i am ok. but not sure because I hear something or see something or just think about him and i still cry. I really am encouraged by you being so honest. we do nothing special for St. Patrick's. the only thing kind of special is we tickle instead of pinch if someone is not wearing green.
I absolutely love that song. I fell in love with Audrey Caroline as I got involved with her story. I was at a Point of Grace Concert and Seyla was unable to be there as they were having planned Csection the next morning. What a sweet sweet song. I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. I like what you said, "God is mending" your broken heart. It will take forever to mend I think, but hopefully you will be able to smile again. Love, Carol
That song is so perfect for loss, but I, like you, still can't listen to it yet. I didn't find it until after Madelyn's funeral, but shortly after I discovered it and immediately downloaded it. All I have to hear is that lullabye sounding music and I have to skip it too.
Thinking of you as you face yet another month's passing.
We don't do anything at all! I do wear green to avoid being pinched, but beyond that, I guess we are boring!
Hi, Karen,
Congratulations on forty followers! That is great!
I was so sorry to hear that you're down...but please know that I'm praying for you every single day...
As for the St. Patrick's Day ideas, we really only wear green, but not much of anything else. Our last name is Irish, but we don't do corned beef and cabbage.
Hope you have a great week, sweet friend!
I have over the years, participated in something Irish related for St. Patty's day.
I'm planning to make a few traditional Irish Recipes, and wearing lots of green. Someone posted "Irish Green" cupcakes on my facebook...that I think I will have to try! :)
What a sweet blog you have.
I love Selah too. I came over from Ann's thankful links!
You are really inspiring!
God bless you friend.
When I was little, my sister and I would go four leaf clover hunting with magnifying glasses and canteens of water (we spent quite some time and were never successful, but it was fun!)
Now, I typically wear green to keep from getting pinched. This year will be more active as I have several exams and a project due on March 17th!
Praying for you...that you would know the comfort only He can give. I can't imagine bearing your loss, but I'm praising God you continue to praise Him as He heals your heart.
For St. Patty's Day, I enjoy making breakfast a bit green....green milk, green eggs (add blue coloring..) and love notes on shamrock cutouts. I'm Irish, and I'm hoping this year to actually make corned beef and cabbage for my husband who actually toured Ireland on foot many years ago.
Post a Comment