Monday, April 5

Multitude Monday

This weekend was my birthday and my husband's. I have dreaded this particular birthday; I guess because of how the world views those numbers. But I made it through and I realized that I am blessed to have lived the life of two scores-- half of those years with Dale.  It  also helps to remember that no matter how old I think I am, Dale will always be older =).

196. Homemade birthday cards with stick figures and lots of hearts.
197. The stone was rolled away.

198. Celebrating birthdays with family.
199. An impromptu lunch with a sweet friend. Two hours flew by. A lot of laughter and some tears.
200. Telling about the Death and Resurrection and seeing it through little ones eyes.

201. An afternoon watching a movie that made me cry and eating too much popcorn that made me ill. But it was worth it because of who was by my side=).
202. Spring flowers (that make me sneeze, but smell, oh, so good!).

203. A longing, but hopeful time to remember a sweet baby and reflect that she spent a glorious Easter in Heaven.
 
204. Looking around my living room after Easter lunch and silently thanking God for those present.
205. Hanging Easter clothes in doorways, anticipating Sunday morning.


Please join others and read their Multitudes. Maybe you would like to join this week. It has changed my outlook.



holy experience



A little older,



Posted by Picasa

14 joyful people left comments:

Trisha said...

Happy Birthday, Karen! I'm so glad you were aware of the many blessings all around you. How sweet that you and your husband can celebrate at the same time.

Susan said...

Happy birthday. So glad to hear you had such a great weekend.

Jill said...

Happy birthday!! :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love the pictures! Hope your birthday was wonderful. :)

Nora said...

happy Birthday and Resurrection Day Karen! I love all your blessings! last night, as my son was going to bed, he (had the audacity) asked me if I could take him to the dollar store the next day. Mind you this is after a day of receiving alot of goodies(and toys) from those who loved him. I can get so exasperated with him. I let him know he needs to enjoy what he has been given first, before he goes wishing for something else...I always get caught up short. i do the same thing. Thank you for reminding me of this through your beautiful posts about appreciating your family, good movies, and even that special place in your heart for Rebekah.

I'm still praying for you Karen...thankyou for taking the time to read my blog, and for your thoughtful comments...I appreciate you.

PS how much is a score? i thought it was 10 years, but if that's the case you are 20 years old and you have known your husband for 19 years? LOL

Love,

Nora @ Always Seeking Higher Ground

Lori said...

Maybe a little older, but ever as fabulous! You make kissing that number look like people should stand in line to do so, it's that awesome!
Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

I think you and your blog are lovely. Thank you for stopping by to visit earlier. Let's keep in touch and encourage one another in love.

You are so blessed, and I pray that the God of all blessings continue to rain His peace and His joy on you and your precious family. In Jesus' name..Amen.

Anonymous said...

Precious are you in the eyes of the LORD. He knows your very heart and holds it near. I can almost smell the Spring flowers, so the picture of daffodils will do! Caring, ~ linda

belle said...

happy birthday my friend! you are a beautiful 2 score yrs old!!!!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday, sweet friend...you don't look a day over 25! :)

I loved your Multitude Monday list...if we would just take the time to look around, we would see the many, many blessings that God has given us! Thank you for sharing your blessings here!

Hoping that you have a wonderful day!

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Thanks for stopping by my blog, come again anytime!

Tracy: said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! I just celebrated that same "big" bday!! Embrace it..think how wise we are now for living so long! Ha!

Leanne said...

Sweet.

Here's to many more years of multitudes.

Anonymous said...

I loved your list. Your heart for your husband is so evident, and very sweet.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios