Sunday, April 18

Multitude Monday

How has your week been?

With me not feeling 100% I have not worked out or walked/jogged all week.  I have a feeling that I am going to have to make up for it this week.  I went to a wedding this weekend and before stepping out the door, caught a glimpse of my profile in my full length mirror.  It took all my willpower to not make a quick stop to Target and pick up some Spanx.  Yeah, I don't know how I would have explained that to my driver...my husband.  I don't think he would have thought that was a necessary stop since we were already running late for the wedding.

But...this week is a new week with new possibilities. I finally trashed the last of the chocolate Easter Bunnies, so no more late night temptations.  Not that that is my sweet of choice.  I am addicted to these...
And I managed to polish off a huge bag of those from my Saturday trip to Walgreens.  Sick, huh? I'm surprised I didn't loose any teeth. That caramel is like Gorilla Glue.  But now they are put out of their misery and there is no more chocolate in the house.  So I am off to a great start!=)


My multitudes this week that doesn't involve chocolate:)....

216. Witnessing a beautiful wedding of a young man we have had the privilege to watch grow up.
217. Remembering our vows twenty years ago. Kidding each other about our cheesy grins and nervousness. I am so glad I said, "I do." :)
218. Seeing the fruit of ten years of lessons as our oldest plays for Sunday morning worship. Grateful that our church allows that opportunity.
 
219. Movie night with the family...Netflix, popcorn, blankets and pillows. Everyone vying for the prime seat by mom (it wasn't because of me but because that was the best spot to see the movie ;) ).
220. For our local crisis pregnancy center and being able to support them through a Chick-Fil-A fundraiser (another reason we love CFA!).
221. The body of believers.
222. Cranberry juice and modern medicine. Second week of antibiotics and feeling so much better. Thank you to all of you that prayed for me!

223. Cleaning out the garage. Relocating spiders. ((Shiver)).


224. Planting and tilling.

225. Having a professor friend that opened up his lab for dissection. So grateful that we did not have to do this on my kitchen table this past week.  Thank you Dr. P. !





Have a good week!




holy experience

20 joyful people left comments:

Susan said...

I am really enjoying this Multitude Monday. I think I need to look into doing this. I had a dear friend lovingly tell me that she feels like I need to have an attitude of gratitude. I think she is right. I need to be more thankful to the Lord.
It encourages me to see others give thanks for everything in their lives.

Trisha said...

Karen,
I love reading your lists each week! How blessed you are to have your daughter playing for church...using her gifts for His glory. I'm inspired by your determination, too....I still have chocolate lurking around the corners of our home. Many hugs to you across the miles.

Jill said...

I love that you do these Monday posts. I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate. I haven't had a Riesen in so long. Now I want one! :)

Lori said...

I am SO not a chocolate fan, but Matthew LOVED it. John thought it was hilarious that I wanted chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, chocolate bars and mostly, CFA chocolate milkshakes!!! I'm back to not liking the taste much anymore, but loved that Matthew let me in on the secret of chocolate for a while!

Glad you are feeling better! Been praying for you to and hope you continue.

PS--didn't know Target sold Spanx. Might be headed there today... :)

Karin said...

Mmm....Riesens...I'd forgotten about those! I also like your Monday lists - and that you include photos. :) Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!

Anna S. said...

Oh wow, she's playing for Sunday worship now? That's fantastic! I'm so glad to see her stick with lessons, that's awesome! :)

Gardenia said...

isn't it so wonderful witnessing a wedding and being reminded of our own, and the promises we made? you've counted some great blessings this week.

Nancy @ 75 and Sunny said...

Lovely list, Karen. I am glad you are beginning to feel better. Praising God with you...

Kelly Hallahan said...

wonderful list- we also had family movie night this week and it was a joy :)

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Hi Karen, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and yes, it is fun making new friends.

I love what you said about your local Crisis Pregnancy Center. I volunteer at ours one day a week and it is the HIGHLIGHT of my week.

God bless,
Dianne

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better.
The gorilla glue comment cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

Amen. A blessing to be able to see the beauty in so many things. God truly gives us much to be thankful for.
I continue to pray for you for complete healing.
loving you, ~ linda

ali@ an ordinary mom said...

Netflix, popcorn, blankets, and pillows- a family favorite around here as well!

Bekah said...

Haven't had Riesen forever!! Thanks for making me want some!!! :)

LOVED your Spanx comment...you ever seen Chonda Pierce's bit on Spanx? HILARIOUS!!!

gretchen said...

Karen-

Love your blog! I'm a homeschooling mom myself... of a kindergartener... have so long to go. :) We are Walking for LIfe for our CPC on May 1st, and we love CFA too! Loved to share in Multitude Monday with you... thanks for the praises. :)

Leanne said...

I really like reading your Multitude Mondays.

I had a chance to catch up with you on your blog, and I'm so glad I did....

That poem for Rebekah was beautiful.

I understand your being so tempted to not move forward for fear of forgetting or looking like everything's together now. It is normal and it will come and go as you make your way down this road. Be assured that you are NOT alone and that there is NO way your heart could ever forget your Girl.

"For even in laughter the heart aches"

Your Guidepost post really resonated with me. I struggle with the very same things....I think that's why I feel so close to you!! I also picked a theme word some time ago, and mine is "becoming".

Take good care of yourself and I hope you're 100% soon!

Donna said...

Again, a beautiful list, Karen! I am trying to stick to my diet...but chocolate is such a temptation...

Love your sweet spirit, my friend. I hope you have a great day. Thanks for praying for us!

Blessings~
Donna

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I love Riesen too. I never buy the bags, because I would eat it all in one setting. My Father in Law usually keeps a stash, and gives me some when we visit. :D Yummy, now I'm craving a few...

Hope you are feeling much better!

Blessings!

Melanie Eccles said...

I really love this post! every part of it!

It's great to meet you--I'm actually stopping by from Wednesday's Walk and enjoyed looking around!

Kelly said...

Aw #218, what a long awaited blessing!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios