Tuesday, April 13

Six Months

Today, 6 months ago, our little baby girl, Rebekah Joy, was born still into this world. 
She was so beautiful, with dark brown hair that sweetly swirled at the top of head (just like her brothers and sisters).  Her little lips formed a sweet little pout that reminded me so much of her oldest sister. 
She was perfect in every way--from her delicate little hands to her slender little toes.

I miss that baby so much. And I wonder a lot about what she is doing in Heaven.
 Is she playing with the other children who went to Heaven before her?
Is she talking to my loved ones that we had to prematurely say goodbye to  here on earth?
Is she sitting at the Master's feet listening to Him and singing sweet praises to Him? 
Oh, how I would love to hear her precious little voice and the sweetness of her song!

As I was thinking about her today, I was remembering a poem a dear friend wrote in memory of her that was read at her service. 
The words are sweeter and deeper today than when I first heard them six months ago.

THE HOPE
I weep for you my little one,
My heart is full of whys:
Why snatched from me so suddenly?
No answer satisfies.

I'll never fully comprehend
The darkness in my soul,
But from my pain-and dawning bright-
A wonder now unfolds:

That God could take my deepest hurt
And from its depth extract
A hope in Him, a confidence,
A love that knows no lack.

Not even death with all its sting
Could ever steal from me
The wondrous hope we'll meet again
And share eternity!

In Memory Of:
Rebekah Joy
October 13, 2009

Copyright 2009 James McAlister - http://www.james-mc.com/


Thank you to all of you that have traveled this journey with me.
Thank you for your prayers, emails, comments and encouraging words.
 You have been so patient and tender with me. 
 I still have a way to go, but just like the poem conveys, I have the hope in Him that guides my steps.


I love you, Rebekah Joy.
 Mommy will see you one day and will finally get to hear your sweet voice and your songs.
Your little life has brought me much joy.

15 joyful people left comments:

belle said...

what a beautiful poem!!!

((hugs)) for your 6 months milestone.... it's such a hard one

Shandrea said...

Sending you hugs. 6months. A time that seems to fly by without your little one. Sometimes i feel like the world is moving and for one moment i'm stuck in time. But praying for us all.Sending you and your darling Rebekah Love.

Donna said...

Tears are flowing down my face, sweet friend...Please know that I'm praying for you every single day.
I'm so thankful for the hope we have through Jesus!

Jill said...

Beautiful, beautiful poem. Six months seems like such a tough milestone. Thinking of you and sweet Rebekah Joy! xo

Katy Larsen said...

Lots and lots of love to you Karen. xxx

Amy said...

Such a beautiful poem. I am so sorry for your loss. I know she is smiling in heaven.
Blessings,
Amy

Heather said...

What a beautiful poem.

Happy 6 months in heaven, sweet Rebekah. And lots of love to your mommy!

Karin said...

Oh Karen. Another milestone. Lots of love to you, friend!

Ashleigh said...

My prayers are with you Karen.

Susan said...

Beautiful. I have been blessed by you many different times as I have come to your blog these past few months. I have needed to read what you have written many times as I was feeling the same way and thought somehting was wrong. I too lost my baby 6 almost 6 months ago and during those first few weeks I really thought I would never survive this tragedy. I look at myself now and can see I am getting stronger each day. I too have the hope that when I get to Heaven I will hold my Elias and dance and sing and laugh with him and the hole in my heart will then be sealed.
God Bless you, Susan

Elaine said...

Just read this today. Prayed for you. Love the poem.

Tammy@Fear Not said...

What a beautiful poem! And such a special friend who wrote it. Thanks for including all of us in your journey. I truly feel blessed to be a part of it. :)

Trisha said...

Karen,
Such beautiful words in honor of your precious gift from God. You just never know how many hearts you are encouraging as you remain steadfast in your love for Him. What a testimony you are, even though the pain is more than so many of us can ever imagine, of the goodness of God. You radiate the love of Christ, and I count it such a privilege to have connected with you.

Lori said...

Oh, what a sweet, sweet promise in that poem and how precious those words from a friend.

Much love to you friend...I can't wait to meet your sweet little Rebekah Joy!! xoxo

Holly said...

♥♥♥♥♥

Wishing your little girl a happy 6 month birthday

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios