
Today I am participating in Wednesday's Walk where you share a memory.
Today's memory happened in 2008. My husband was asked to drive President Bush's group when he visited our state. I remember how excited the kids were and how Dale would call us on his cell to tell us what he was doing next. Dale didn't get to drive the President, but some of the press that was with his group.

Here they are waiting for their vehicles. Dale is the one with the maroon tie. I am kicking myself for letting him out the door with it too short=)...
What a fun adventure. Dale brought home packages of peanut M &M's from Airforce One that were made especially for the President. It had the presidential seal on each package. Who knew that that was his favorite snack?=)
And I love this story. On the way they saw a child's birthday party at one of the houses. I don't know if the kids were out playing or what. Well, after President Bush completed his speaking engagement, he stopped at that birthday party on his way to his plane. It was totally off the record and made that child's day. That made me smile.




22 joyful people left comments:
what a GREAT memory to share! I hope you saved those m&ms! :) just kidding... they wouldn't last around here very long! :) thanks for sharing that memory with us!
Oh, wow, what a great memory! Awe, I love that President Bush stopped at the child's birthday, how precious! :)
I loved this post. Your husband is handsome, and who cares if his tie is too short! Ha!
I loved President Bush...And I am glad he surprised those kids at the birthday party.
Good memory to share.
Happy Wednesday!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
WOW!! That's a really great story and what a wonderful memory you all have. I thought the tie looked very nice - no worries:)
I would have bronzed those M&M's. Literally. Yeah, I am addicted. I am also a Bush lover. I would love to say it is because he is a fellow Texan but it is more than that. That must have been such an honor.
what a great memory. I'm missing the W. and what a gentle heart he had to stop and make that child surprised and delighted.
mmm...I don't even like M&Ms but I'm about to eat some! (That's how hungry I am!)
I love this memory too because it shows his generous character! He and his wife flew to a wedding last year in Gunnison, CO where John was conducting some testing. Pres. Bush saw John and the other guys in their Osprey, gave a thumbs-up and a wave, and then a little later, all this awesome food from the President's plane came to John and his guys, compliments of the President!
Imagine that birthday party!!!
wow..I love that story! that is so awesome..now why can't they share sweet moments and gestures like that on the news about W?
What a great post and a wonderful memory !!! So nice of him to stop by. Thanx for sharing !!!
Caroline
What a wonderful memory, not only for your husband, but for all of you, and for the birthday party!
Thanks for sharing, ~ linda
What a once in a lifetime story! Very cool! I love Pres. Bush, and would personally like to believe that stopping by random kids' parties to show some love might just be second nature to him! :) Just saying... :)
These are great pictures, how cool of ya'll to experience that. And how sweet of GW to stop by the party. He probably wanted some cake! lol
What a great memory! President Bush is a good man. How exciting that must have been for your hubby! The tie looked fine. Thanks for sharing this!
I had forgotten he did that! I remember my mom-in-law telling me about that. The birthday party story is precious.
What an awesome story! Definately have to share that one. Really cool he stopped by the b-day party. I hope that mom blogged about it too, lol!
I bought my hubby personalized m&ms for our anniversary last year with our picture on it, so cool!
Neat!
I'll share a quick memory here:
In 1996, Husband and I went away together alone (the last time alone) and we got on a ferry to the island where we were going to be staying. The fog rolled in so thick we couldn't even see our hands in front of our faces. We were joking around (married 3 years at the time, you know, newlyweds, lol) and I was going to playfully squeeze his nose, only my fingers slipped and I ended up slicing off the skin on the tip of his nose with my sharp fingernails!!
It was horrible and it bled sooo much....
Maybe that's why he has never gone on a trip alone with me again!!
What a sunny memory you have of that day!!
What a wonderful memory! President Bush is a wonderful man. I loved your pictures. Can you imagine President Bush stopping by one of your kids' birthday parties? What an honor!!!
A few years ago, he invited my pastor and several other pastors from across the nation to come to the White House for a meeting. President Bush was so humble and just spent several hours talking to these preachers and asked them to pray for him...that trip was one of my pastor's highlights of his preaching ministry.
Blessings to you, sweet friend. I hope you have a wonderful day!
How fun!!! Several years ago Pres Bush was in my town. He had to drive past the school I taught at to get to the airport. All the kids were outside watching for his cars and he stopped and took the time to "meet" and talk to the students. What a wonderful memory for them! Thanks for reminding me!
I noticed that my wife is one of your Blog followers.
If you have a chance, please stop by my wife’s Blog today and wish her a quick Happy Birthday!
http://blessingsatourhouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks,
Donna’s “Hubbie”
That's so neat!!!
How fun! Loved reading about Pres. Bush...great memories for you and your husband. Love the story about him stopping at a birthday party. So neat!
That's so COOL! I always thought it would be neat to meet a president!
Post a Comment