Monday, April 12

Multitude Monday

This weekend Dale and I were able to go on a little getaway for my birthday. It was so much fun and a wonderful time to have him all to myself without Blackberries, emails or cell phones=). We need to do that more often.
I didn't take many pictures this week because it was such a busy week with Homeschool Testing.  However, I always look forward to reflecting on my gratitudes and really didn't want to miss this opportunity. It has really changed me on how I view my world.




holy experience


206. Time with Dale and enjoying each other's company.
207. Brother time!  The oldest not being bothered by the youngest trying to be just like him.

 
208. God never sleeps.
209. Dale's 77 year old mom. She is such a blessing to our family and did a great job holding down the fort while we were away.
210. Testing over for another year! All boxed up and ready to be shipped!
 
211. Modern medicine....I am fighting a bladder infection. I was thanking God last night that I was born during this time with antibiotics and Motrin.
212. Awana cars...designing, painting, racing and spending quality time with Dad.

213. God' s perfect peace.
214. The warmer weather and rain that came and washed away some of the "pea porridge."
215. A boy's imagination..."ironing" his money.
Have a great day counting your multitudes!





Posted by Picasa

16 joyful people left comments:

Trisha said...

Joyful, joyful...so glad you had time away with hubby. When you're children are a bit older, you'll be able to do it even more, and you'll guard that time so jealously! It's wonderful. I'm so glad you have a Grandma nearby to take such great care of your children. Such a huge blessing that is. And, I'm so thankful, too, for the medicines we have today. Hugs!

Unknown said...

hehehe! your list makes me giggle. Ironing the money!
I hope you feel better soon! Thanks for sharing! What a fun list.

Donna said...

Karen,

I hope you feel better very soon! I, too, and so thankful to have been born in the modern medicine era! I don't have to take meds that often, but when I need them, I'm so thankful they're available!

Getting away with your Hubbie is wonderful for your marriage! Glad that you could take some time to do that with him. :)

I LOVED the pictures you shared of your children! They are so cute!

Lori said...

Glad you were able to have a little getaway....just hate that you are suffering an infection! I agree that we are so blessed with the miracles of modern medicine!!!

I love what goes through kids' heads...ironing money. Of course it had to be with a box of tissues because a real iron would burn it up!!
Lots of love!

Stef said...

oh happy birthday !
Stef

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe, that picture of him ironing him money....too cute! Glad you had a get away for your birthday. :)

Blessings!

Kelly said...

Ironing money, that's hilarious! Sounds just like something one of my boys would do!

Gardenia said...

what blessings you have to be thankful for! thank you for stopping by earlier today. I've met so many people on the blessings blog hop. I am so sad to read of your daughter Rebekah. she is surely a saint in heaven with Our Lord, and oh the joy when you meet her again. nice to meet you. blessings,

Anonymous said...

Such a blessing ... time with Dale, brothers together, and cute things kids do and say!
Thank you for visiting my praises today. God is so incredibly wonderful.
loving you, ~ linda

Natalie said...

Karen,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy birthday :) Tome away with you hubby sounds divine- and how disciplined to keep away from the gadgets! Your children are adorable.

Nancy @ 75 and Sunny said...

What a lovely list, Karen. I am praising God with you today!

Lyn said...

I'm so glad you got some time away with your hubby! That is so needed isn't it? Chris and i were able to do that recently too and it was a blessing!
Your children are so cute! I enjoyed reading your list, it is good to count your blessings!

Nora said...

Oh...boys playing the piano...and together no less...(yum:)I just got over one of those bladder things too...painful. thanks for stopping by my corner, your comments are always so thoughtful, and thought provoking...:) Thank You for being my friend.

Always Praying,

Nora

Susan said...

So glad to hear that you were able to get away for I am sure some much needed time. What a great mother to come and take care of her sons children so mom and dad can have some alone time.

Staci at Craftify It ! said...

Thanks for entering my clock giveaway over at Stories from A to Z!
Good luck!
Staci at Craftify It!

Stephani Cochran said...

How cool that they have designed and built their own cars. That looks like a fun project. ~ God's perfect peace. . .where would I be without it? Blessings to you this week!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios