We had a very busy week and I did not get a chance to take many pictures (which messes up my Project 365=). But I still wanted to go ahead and participate in Multitudes Monday.

230. A precious sight of geese with their babies outside the ice cream store. We stopped the van and watched the mother feed her babies. It was a real treat and a perfect end to a good day.
231. His protection from the storms. We had to endure two scary nights, and praise God for His protection. Being in the bathroom, hugging a toliet, was not my favorite place to spend my time, but we did enjoy a few giggles as a family in spite of the situation. Thank goodness I had cleaned that bathroom earlier that day=).
226. For God's faithfulness. He has been so gentle to me even when I stubbornly refuse to release some areas to Him. Surrendering has been on my heart this week and it has been a word that has tasted like vinegar. But as I am slowly releasing my grip on things that are not really mine to begin with, God has poured out His grace abundantly. If I would just realize all the blessings God is willing to shower on me, I probably wouldn't hold on to my filthy rags so tightly.
227. A wonderful church service with my community of believers. Singing praises to Him. Encouraging each other. Remembering Him with the bread and the cup.
228. A kind word from a friend. Words hold such power, even when released in passing. These words lifted my spirit and my heart and I silently thank God for them today.
229. Silly, impromptu time getting ice cream.
230. A precious sight of geese with their babies outside the ice cream store. We stopped the van and watched the mother feed her babies. It was a real treat and a perfect end to a good day.
232. That my oldest son experienced God's protection. He was so nervous and shed a few tears as we prayed and sang. After we heard news reports of how the tornadoes went around us, J's face beamed because He realized God protected us.
233. A time to bond with a sweet friend and her doggie as we all huddled in the bathroom;).
234. Picking a beautiful rose bush to remember little Rebekah. God's hand was in this and I'll share a story at a later date.
235. Sweet evidence of the precious relationship between my oldest and my youngest.
I hope you will get a chance today to count your multitudes.
Blessings,



13 joyful people left comments:
Such a lovely and thoughtful list, Karen. I can't wait to hear the story of the rose bush. :) And, how sweet that picture of the hand holding is. Thanking God with you for His protection over you during those storms.
Thankful you all were safe. We were on the phone trying to guide some friends though to Russeville from the Big Sandy Conference. I think Tiffin and Kim were a bit behind these friends we were talking to and all made it safely to their homes and reunions.
Looks like Toad Suck was fun!!!
Loved reading your list. So glad you were kept safe.
Blessings,
Amy
I loved your list. Glad you made it through the storms, O.K. - and were able to personally experience God's protection. Have a great week.
I had a baby girl in July, not too long before you had Rebekah Joy. Sometimes, when I am tired and impatient and just wanting to get away, I remember sweet friends and sisters in Christ who would gladly take my tired and impatient place. I would love to hear more about her.
And please let your brother know that if he needs a place to stay...come on up!! =)
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am glad to have found you!
what a sweet sweet list. I'm a sucker for ice cream, but geese?....eh. EH! Geese and I are not friends.
But, in the spirit of being thankful in all circumstances, I'll be thankful for geese today.
I'm so glad you were all ok as well!!! I'm amazed at how much more I pay attention to the national weather and think, "WAIT!!! So and so lives there!!!!"--I just have people I love all over the place now!!!
Also totally understand how surrender tastes like vinegar. That's a perfect simile...have you read Nancy's (Guthrie) Hearing Jesus Speak Into Your Sorrows?
I am right now...and wow. It's really, really speaking to me, though many of the words sort of sit very bitter on my tongue. What you wrote reminded me of that.
It's such a blessing book!
Praise God for His protection- sounds like it was quite a week. What a blessing that you continue to thank Him! I love that picture of your littlest and biggest- so precious!
I am so thankful you were safe. As rough as hurricanes are around here sometimes, when everyone is out of electricity, it brings out the best of us again. No tv, air conditioning to keep us inside...I would imagine huddled in a bathroom is a similiar experience.
I am so thankful that y'all are safe and sound! It is so good when our children see God's hand. We can tell them until we are blue in the face, but when they see it for themselves it's a whole other ballgame.
So glad that you all were safe!
I loved your Multitudes list and the picture you shared of the special bond between your daughter and son. So precious!
Looking forward to the story of Rebekah's rose bush.
Have a great day, my friend! :)
What a beautiful post. Makes me think about how we do forget to think God for all of our blessings big and small.
Oh so you get to learn about surrendering and faith and trust too?? I'm so glad I'm not alone in this boat this week. Vinegar is a good description of it...it is nearly killing me, but He is faithful. I must say it over and over.
Post a Comment